Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I have a degree in such things

I keep a pair of tweezers in my desk drawer for occasions when I may need tweezers. Removing splinters, picking up tiny screws, and of course, plucking hair. The tips were a little janky and weren't working last time I used them. I noticed them just now and fixed them. 

I used the tweezers to hold an emory board and slowly, steadily slid the tweezers back and forth over the emory board, gradually increasing my speed (cause I ain't got all day) in an attempt to make the points where the tips meet nice and parallel. It worked perfectly. Where there was once a gap preventing it from firmly griping hair or paper, they now meet cleanly with no daylight showing. Emory boards and tweezers are great tools for your workshop if you ever work on small projects.

And after five years in art school and four years as a jewelry/metalsmith major, this is the extent of the use of the knowledge I acquired all those years ago. Don't be afraid to dream, kids.